Worldwide Kids (WK) has an exciting opportunity as a Childcare Specialist in the Dominican Republic.
Are you passionate about providing culturally immersive and nature-based learning experiences for children? Are you knowledgeable about indigenous education and eager to work in a diverse and vibrant community? If so, we believe you would be an ideal fit for this role.
As a Childcare Specialist, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality care, guidance, and educational experiences to children in a culturally immersive environment. Your background in indigenous education and nature-based learning will be instrumental in creating a unique and enriching experience for these children.
Works with: Assistant and Specialist Educators
Location: Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
Starting Date: 1 September 2023
- Design and implement a culturally immersive curriculum that incorporates indigenous knowledge, values, traditions, and practices into various activities.
Plan and lead nature-based learning experiences, engaging children in outdoor activities that encourage exploration, hands-on learning, and environmental awareness.
- To oversee the administration and management of educational program & experiences
Foster an inclusive and respectful environment that celebrates diversity and promotes cultural exchange among children and staff members.
- To ensure all onsite health and safety policies, procedures and risk assessments are in place, operational and updated as necessary.
- Ensure children’s safety, well-being, and hygiene by adhering to the onsite health and safety guidelines and regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and their families, establishing open communication channels and involving them in their child’s learning journey.
- Monitor and assess the developmental progress of children, identifying areas for growth and implementing individualised support plans when necessary.
- To be responsible for all necessary day to day administration
- Control the stocks of materials and consumable equipment.
- Collaborate with a team of educators, childcare providers, and community partners to create an interconnected learning ecosystem.
- Stay current with best practices in indigenous education, nature-based learning, and childcare, participating in professional development opportunities and sharing knowledge with colleagues.
Skills and qualifications
- Degree in education, Early Childhood Education
- Fluent in Spanish and English (verbal and written)
- Previous experience of working at a management or supervisory level
- Experience working in childcare settings with a focus on indigenous education and nature-based learning.
- Familiarity with nature-based learning approaches and the ability to create engaging outdoor experiences for children.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work using own initiative, and ability to multitask. Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Respect for cultural diversity, sensitivity, and ability to adapt to local customs and traditions.
- Competitive salary
- Return flight
- Meals per diem
- Childcare training with a qualification in International Childcare for Leisure and Tourism awarded by City & Guilds
If you are passionate about providing children with a culturally immersive, nature-based education rooted in indigenous knowledge and are excited about working in a vibrant community in the Dominion Republic, we encourage you to apply for this position.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, and any additional supporting documents to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage individuals from indigenous communities and underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Note: The job description provided is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.