We’re delighted to say that we have recently passed (with flying colours!) our City & Guilds Training Accreditation for another year!
This, we can tell you is no mean feat – and we have been able to clearly demonstrate that we’ve not just maintained, but improved our high standards in training this year.
Each year a consultant for City & Guilds comes to our head office in London to complete a detailed audit of all aspects of our training to ensure we are continuing to deliver to a very high standard.
Some of the things they are looking at are:
- training developments we have made over the course of the year, and future training plans
- our training team of people
- candidates and resorts we’ve trained
- our training operating procedures
- our training evaluation forms
- feedback from hotels and resorts
- audits, reports and training checklists
- detailed discussion around the specifics of the various training tiers and subject units
- personal evidence reports from past trainees
- assessment materials and trainer packs
- training facilities
- and much more!
Thanks to our fabulous team of Worldwide Kids trainers, in 2018 we have helped over 300 trainees to deliver best in class childcare:
- We successfully delivered our world-class Worldwide Kids product to over 160 candidates across 21 new resorts and 14 countries around the globe.
- We completed first aid and safeguarding training for Powder Byrne (who provide luxury ski, sun and adventure holidays), for their winter and summer season staff – a total of 36 additional trainees
- We set up our 13 managed resorts, completing pre-season training for another 120 staff
We’ve done some travelling!
This year alone, our Ops team have taken a total of 128 flights, to deliver both our managed and consultancy training and Quality Control trips to our managed resorts.